1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase the chances of winning. The sweepstakes, and any web site pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the 50 states of the United States of America and the District of Columbia.
2. SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR: The “Action Sports Plus: AXE Giveaway” (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored byFUEL TV, Inc., c/o Fox Cable Networks, 10201 W. Pico Boulevard, Building 103, 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, California 90035 (“Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the sweepstakes you must be a permanent, legal resident of the 50 states of the United States or District of Columbia and eighteen (18) years of age or older as of June 12, 2012. Void where prohibited by law. Officers, directors and employees of FUEL TV, Inc., Twitter.com (“Twitter”), Fox Cable Network Services, LLC, Fox Entertainment Group, The News Corporation, Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, and/or the advertising and promotion fulfillment and/or judging agencies of any of the foregoing that are involved in this Sweepstakes (collectively, "Sponsor and its agents"), and the immediate family members (including, but not limited to, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, step-brothers, step-sisters and in-laws) or household members of any such person are not eligible. By participating, entrants unconditionally agree to comply with and abide by these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Eligibility determinations will be made by Sponsor in its sole discretion and such decisions shall not be subject to challenge or appeal. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or otherwise associated with Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Twitter. Twitter is not affiliated with this Sweepstakes in any way and is not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes or the awarding of prizes.
4. WHEN TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 am Pacific Time (PT) on June 12, 2012, and ends at 11:59 pm PT on June 13, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To be eligible for this Sweepstakes, all entries must be received by Sponsor prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period. The Sponsor’s database clock shall be the official time keeping device for all entries received in connection with this Sweepstakes.
5. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must have a valid Twitter account and be a follower of either @FUELTV or @ASPlusTV. To obtain a Twitter account (obtaining a Twitter account is free) go to www.twitter.com and follow the instructions to create an account (“Twitter Account”). Your Twitter Account will be governed by the Twitter terms of service, which are located at http://twitter.com/tos. Entrants should read the terms and conditions that apply to Twitter or any other third party applications that they download or use in connection with the Sweepstakes; Sponsor is not responsible for the conduct of such third parties. Once you create your Twitter Account, go to www.twitter.com/FUELTV and become a follower of @FUELTV and/or @ASPlusTV (a “Follower”). During the Sweepstakes Period, Followers will log onto Twitter and tweet or return tweet the following message, “I want to win #FUELTVSwag in the @AXE Giveaway on @ASPlusTV” (the “Sweepstakes Tweet”).To be eligible, the Sweepstake Tweet must include “#FUELTVSwag,” the official hash tag for the Sweepstakes (an “Eligible Entry”). Each Eligible Entry will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. If you post updates to or receive updates from Twitter.com via your wireless phone, message and data rates may apply. Please check with your service provider for details. Entrants must be sure their Twitter Account information is up to date because that information will be used to contact the potential winner. Each entrant must be the rightful owner of the Twitter Account identified in the entrant’s Sweepstakes entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the natural person in whose name the Twitter Account was opened. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, with proof that the potential winner is the account holder of the Twitter Account associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s sole satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor or its agents, or if entrant has or has attempted to submit malicious code, .exe files, or any file that contains malicious code.
6. DRAWINGS: Three (3) prize winners (the “Prize Winners”) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Prize Winner drawings will be held on or about June 14, 2012. Random selection will be under supervision of Sponsor or its designee, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The selected Prize Winners will be notified via direct message on Twitter (at the Twitter handle used by the selected winner for entry in the Sweepstakes) on or about June 15, 2012. If any selected Prize Winner cannot be reached via Twitter within three (3) business days of Sponsor’s first attempt to notify such winner, such Prize Winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries by random drawing. If potential Prize Winner(s) cannot be reached, is/are found to be ineligible, cannot or do/does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential Prize Winner(s) will be disqualified and time permitting, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected from the remaining Eligible Entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of Eligible Entries received prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Prize winners will be subject to verification.
7. PRIZE: Three (3) prize packages will be awarded for the entire Sweepstakes. Each prize packages will consist of the following items: one (1) Frends headphone package, The Light Premium on-ear headphones; one (1) The Coupe in-ear headphones; and one (1) Stereo Vinyl Cruiser Complete Cruiser Board (each a “Prize Package” and collectively, the “Prize Packages”). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) for each Prize Package is Two Hundred Twenty Eight U.S. Dollars and Ninety-Five Cents (US$228.95).
The Total Approximate Retail Value (“Total ARV”) for all prizes for the entire Sweepstakes combined is Six Hundred Eighty Six U.S. Dollars and Eighty-Five Cents (US$686.85). All prizes will be awarded. If any prize is unclaimed it will be awarded to an alternate winner. Depiction of any Sweepstakes prize or any portion thereof, in any advertising, promotional materials, or on Sponsor’s website(s) or on the Sweepstakes webpage may not reflect the actual prize(s) delivered to the Prize Winners. Sponsor or its agents shall not be responsible for delays in delivery of any portion of any prize once a prize has been shipped by Sponsor or its agent. Prize Winner shall each bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered to such winner. Prize Winners are solely responsible for all Federal, State, and local taxes on or connected to their prize and/or such winner’s acceptance thereof, and the reporting consequences thereof. If required by law, Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and remit to the appropriate taxing authorities the amount of any taxes due. Winners may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of their awarded prize. Other restrictions may apply. Each non-cash prize, or any portion thereof, is subject to availability and Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may substitute cash or a different prize of approximately equivalent or greater retail value, except where prohibited by law. Prize Winners cannot assign or transfer their prize, or any portion thereof, to another person or entity and is not entitled to cash in place of their prize.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with this Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON INFRINGEMENT.
8. CLAIMING PRIZE/RELEASES. Eligibility, age and all claims made by potential winners are subject to verification. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls/tweets/e-mails made/sent by any party, or sent to entrants not by Sponsor. Each potential winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such a condition is legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If a winner is under the age of majority in such winner’s state of residence (a “minor”), at Sponsor’s sole option, the applicable prize either will be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian of such minor winner, or the parent or legal guardian of such minor winner will be required to ratify and sign Prize Claim Documents. If any potential winner (or, in the case of a minor, such minor winner’s parent or legal guardian) fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within three (3) days of prize notification, the winner may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes and an alternate winner may be selected. Acceptance of a prize, or any portion thereof, constitutes the Prize Winner’s (and any minor Prize Winner’s parent or legal guardian) permission for Sponsor to use Prize Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised (including, but not limited to publishing the Prize Winner’s name on Sponsor’s Twitter page), in perpetuity, without further compensation, except in Tennessee and where prohibited by law. If any selected potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules, is found to be ineligible and/or does not submit required documentation within the designated period, their prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting any prize, or any portion thereof, winners further acknowledge that the Sponsor and any other entity involved with this Sweepstakes have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law, relative to the Prize Packages or the prize suppliers or to any portion thereof, including by not limited to its quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose including, without limitation, use of any equipment associated with any portion of the Prize Packages. If any Sweepstakes prize notifications are returned as undeliverable, or if any Prize Winner refuses their prize, or any portion thereof, such Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
9. GENERAL. By entering the Sweepstakes and/or accepting any prize, or any portion thereof, each entrant (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agrees to: (a) be unconditionally bound by these Official Rules; (b) on behalf of the entrant and his/her estate and heirs, release Twitter, Sponsor and its agents, and their parent companies, subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, advertising/promotional partners, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, retailers, franchises, agents and their estate and/or family members (collectively “Released Parties”) from any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize, or portion thereof; and (c) waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. All taxes and other expenses not specified herein, including federal, state, local, and departure, licenses and registrations, are the sole responsibility of each winner. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes, to void suspect entries and/or cancel, terminate or suspend any portion of this Sweepstakes should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in any such event, at its sole discretion, select the winners from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, cancellation or suspension. This Sweepstakes may not be used for any form of gambling.
10. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY/UNFORSEEN EVENTS: Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death, in connection with the prize provided pursuant to the Sweepstakes and/or any person’s participation in the Sweepstakes. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Released Parties shall not be liable to any winner or any other person for failure to supply the prizes or any part thereof, for any reason beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor (including, but not limited to, acts of God, or any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity) (each an “Event of Force Majeure”). If for any reason (including, but not limited to, an Event of Force Majeure) Sponsor cannot or elects not to continue the Sweepstakes, then the Sweepstakes will not resume until Sponsor resumes normal business, if ever. In the event that this Sweepstakes is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including but not limited to any federal or state governmental authority), Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Sweepstakes, as applicable, or to disqualify entrants residing in any affected geographic areas, as applicable. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any entrants who are disqualified due to such an action. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the promotion, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or extend the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (a) by wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any Sweepstakes prize manufacturer, supplier or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors, (b) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Released Parties, or (c) any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. The Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity arising out of or relating to any prize granted under this Sweepstakes, even if caused by the negligence of any maker, distributor or supplier of any portion of any prize or their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies.
11. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, SUBMIT MALICIOUS CODE, .EXE FILES, OR ANY FILE THAT CONTAINS MALICIOUS CODE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ITS AGENTS, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEB SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. OFFICIAL RULES / WINNERS LIST. For a copy of the Official Rules or any legally-required list of official winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received no later than June 13, 2012, to “Action Sports Plus AXE Giveaway Sweepstakes” c/o FUEL TV, Inc., 1440 S. Sepulveda Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90025. Please specify Official Rules or Winners list. Winners list will be available on or after June 20, 2012. VT residents may omit return postage.