“RUDE AWAKENING GIVEAWAY”
SPONSORED BY FUEL TV, INC.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase the chances of winning. The sweepstakes, and any web site pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the 50 states of the United States of America and the District of Columbia.
2. SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR: The “Rude Awakening Giveaway” (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Fuel TV, Inc., c/o Fox Cable Networks, 10201 W. Pico Boulevard, Building 103, 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, California 90035 (“Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Sweepstakes you must be a permanent, legal resident of the 50 states of the United States or District of Columbia, excluding Puerto Rico, and eighteen (18) years of age or older as of November 10, 2012. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Officers, directors and employees of Fuel TV, Inc., Twitter.com (“Twitter”), Fox Cable Network Services, LLC, Fox Entertainment Group, The News Corporation, Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, and/or the advertising and promotion fulfillment and/or judging agencies of any of the foregoing that are involved in this Sweepstakes (collectively, "Sponsor and its agents"), and the immediate family members (including, but not limited to, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers,
4. WHEN TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins at 8:00 am Eastern Time (“PT”) on November 10, 2012, and ends at 12:59 pm ET on November 10, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To be eligible for this Sweepstakes, all entries must be received by Sponsor prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period. The Sponsor’s database clock shall be the official time keeping device for all entries received in connection with this Sweepstakes.
5. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter:
(a) Entry via Twitter: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must have a valid Twitter account and be a follower of @FUELTV. To obtain a Twitter account (obtaining a Twitter account is free) go to www.twitter.com and follow the instructions to create an account (“Twitter Account”). Your Twitter Account will be governed by the Twitter terms of service, which are located at http://twitter.com/tos. Entrants should read the terms and conditions that apply to Twitter or any other third party applications that they download or use in connection with the Sweepstakes; Sponsor is not responsible for the conduct of such third parties. Once you create your Twitter Account, go to www.twitter.com/FUELTV and become a follower of @FUELTV (a “Follower”). During the Sweepstakes Period, Followers will log onto Twitter and tweet a message that alerts them to wake up for UFC Macau (the “Sweepstakes Tweet”). To be eligible, the Sweepstakes Tweet must include “#Rudeawakening,” the official hashtag for the Sweepstakes (an “Eligible Entry”). Each Eligible Entry will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. If you post updates to or receive updates from Twitter.com via your wireless phone, message and data rates may apply. Please check with your service provider for details. Entrants must be sure their Twitter Account information is up to date because that information will be used to contact the potential winner. Each entrant must be the rightful owner of the Twitter Account identified in the entrant’s Sweepstakes entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the natural person in whose name the Twitter Account was opened. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, with proof that the potential winner is the account holder of the Twitter Account associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s sole satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
(b) Entry Online: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.fuel.tv/rudeawakening and locate the Sweepstakes registration page. Follow the links instructions provided to complete and submit the Sweepstakes entry form. The entrant must complete and submit all requested information according to the instructions on the Sweepstakes entry form. Upon completion of the entry form, you will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Each entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the
Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor or its agents, or if entrant has or has attempted to submit malicious code, .exe files, or any file that contains malicious code.
6. DRAWINGS: One (1) grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Grand Prize Winner drawing will be held on or about November 12, 2012. Random selection will be under supervision of Sponsor or its designee, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The selected Grand Prize Winner will be notified via direct message on Twitter or via email (at the Twitter handle used by the selected winner for entry in the Sweepstakes and/or
7. PRIZE: One (1) prize (the “Grand Prize”) may be awarded for the entire Sweepstakes. The prize consists of: one (1) trip for two (2) people to Las Vegas, Nevada to attend PPV: UFC® 155 at the MGM Grand Hotel (the “UFC Event”), currently scheduled on Saturday, December 29, 2012. Trip is five (5) days and four (4) nights, departing on Friday, December 28, 2012 and returning on Tuesday, January 1, 2013. Winner and their guest must be available to travel on the dates specified by Sponsor or the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with these Official Rules. In connection with the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner will receive the following: roundtrip coach class airfare for Grand Prize Winner and their guest on an airline selected by Sponsor, from the major commercial airport (with regularly scheduled international passenger flights) nearest winner's primary residence to the major commercial airport (with regularly scheduled international passenger flights) in the Las Vegas, Nevada area (as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion); ground transportation to and from airport in Las Vegas, Nevada only; four (4) nights hotel accommodations in the Las Vegas, Nevada area at a hotel selected by Sponsor (one (1) room only, double occupancy, room and tax only); five hundred dollars ($500) spending cash for Grand Prize Winner only; two (2) tickets to attend the UFC Event in Las Vegas, Nevada on December 29, 2012 at the MGM Grand Hotel; and a VIP/press pass to the UFC Event
The Approximate Retail Value for the entire Grand Prize is US$4,800.00. Actual value may vary based on initial point of departure. If Grand Prize Winner’s primary residence is located within one hundred (100) miles, in any direction, of the UFC Event location, then the Grand Prize will not include airfare and no substitution or other compensation will be provided in lieu of the airfare, and Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for travel to the event city for them and their guest. Selected Grand Prize Winner and their selected guest must have (at the time the Grand Prize is awarded), and provide Sponsor with a valid and clear copy of, a current and valid government issued identification, and any additional travel documentation required by Sponsor or any prize fulfillment entity, or the Grand Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Travel is subject to availability, material restrictions may apply. The Grand Prize Winner’s travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. If the Grand Prize Winner is a minor, his or her travel companion must be his or her parent or legal guardian, or the Grand Prize Winner must travel with the written permission of such parent or legal guardian in form and substance acceptable to Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Grand Prize Winner and his or her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and must possess all required travel documents, including visas and valid passports, if and as applicable, and comply with any applicable hotel
In the event that the UFC Event listed in the Grand Prize description does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons included but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, an event of “Force Majeure” (defined below), or for any other reason, then in lieu of attending the UFC Event, the Grand Prize Winner will receive the remaining components, if any, of the Grand Prize, which shall constitute full satisfaction of the Sponsor’s prize obligation to the Grand Prize Winner, and no other or additional compensation will be awarded.
If the Grand Prize cannot be awarded to the original selected winner due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, including if the selected Grand Prize Winner is not available for travel, such prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Depiction of any Sweepstakes prize, or any portion thereof, in any advertising, promotional materials, commercial spots, or on Sponsor’s website(s) or on the Sweepstakes webpage may not reflect the actual prize delivered to the winner. All costs and expenses not specified in the prizing descriptions above, including, but not limited to, any ground transportation (e.g., rental car, taxi fares, bus fares, etc.) costs beyond those provided for as part of the Grand Prize, meals or beverages (including, without limitation, any
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON INFRINGEMENT.
8. CLAIMING PRIZE/RELEASES: Eligibility, age and all claims made by potential winners are subject to verification. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent
9. GENERAL. By entering the Sweepstakes and/or accepting any prize, or any portion thereof, each entrant (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agrees to: (a) be unconditionally bound by these Official Rules; (b) on behalf of the entrant and his/her estate and heirs, release Twitter, Sponsor and its agents, and their parent companies, subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, advertising/promotional partners, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, retailers, franchises, agents and their estate and/or family members (collectively “Released Parties”) from any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes- related activity, or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize, or portion thereof; and (c) waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. All taxes and other expenses not specified herein, including federal, state, local, and departure, licenses and registrations, are the sole responsibility of each winner. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes, to void suspect entries and/or cancel, terminate or suspend any portion of this Sweepstakes should virus, bugs,
10. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY/UNFORSEEN EVENTS: Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death, in connection with the prize provided pursuant to the Sweepstakes and/or any person’s participation in the Sweepstakes. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Released Parties shall not be liable to any winner or any other person for failure to supply the prizes or any part thereof, for any reason beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor (including, but not limited to, acts of God, or any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or
11. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, SUBMIT MALICIOUS CODE, .EXE FILES, OR ANY FILE THAT CONTAINS MALICIOUS CODE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEB SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR
12. OFFICIAL RULES / WINNERS LIST. For a copy of the Official Rules or any