• Considered to be the best fighter in the world, pound for pound
• Has most post-fight bonus awards in UFC history (12)
• Has made a record 10 title defenses
• 20 wins by KO, six by submission
• 3-0 in the UFC at light heavyweight.
• Set new record for most consecutive UFC wins (nine) with win over Leites, surpassing Royce Gracie and Jon Fitch. Record now stands at 15.
• Decision win over Leites was his first time going to a decision since a 2004 win over Lee Murray.
• Riding a 17 fight winning streak, with all but two wins coming by TKO, KO, or submission. Has not lost since January of 2006 (to Yushin Okami).
• Before entering the UFC, scored wins over UFC vets Hayato Sakurai, Fabricio Camoes, Roan Carneiro, Alex Stiebling, Carlos Newton, Jeremy Horn, Lee Murray, Jorge Rivera, Curtis Stout, and Tony Fryklund. The only past, present, or future UFC fighters Silva faced and didn’t beat were Yushin Okami (LDQ1) and Ryo Chonan (Lsub3).
• Has only gone past the second round four times in his UFC career (against Sonnen I, Maia, Leites and Cote)
• Sponsored in Brazil by companies such as Burger King and Nike
• Recently discovered wins over Raimundo Pinheiro and Fabricio Camoes from June 25, 1997 now added to his pro record.
I continued to work a lot on my Jiu-Jitsu but the camp has not changed too much, I just changed up my strength and conditioning to allow me to once again fight at 205lbs.When and why did you start training for fighting?
I started training Tae Kwon Do
at the age of 14.What ranks and titles have you held?
UFC Middleweight Champion, MECA Champion, Cage Rage Champion, Victories in Pride, Shooto, and Minotauro Fight, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
black belt.Do you have any heroes?
What is your favorite technique
? I love to stand up and exchange, but I also really enjoy fighting on the ground too.What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC?
My team and I are very excited to fight in the UFC. I'm training very hard to make my presence known in the U.S. and the rest of the world.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?
I'm currently working on my Physical Education degree.What was your job before you started fighting?
I was an office clerk, and I worked at McDonald’s.