• Four wins by submission, 13 by TKO / KO. All UFC wins by KO
• Three-sport athlete (wrestling, football, baseball) at Cimarron Memorial High School
• First jiu-jitsu trainer was UFC vet John Lewis; received Black belt from Renzo Gracie
• Former IFL Heavyweight champion
• Won five of seven fights leading up to TUF
• Holds wins over UFC vets Brad Imes, Fabiano Scherner, Stefan Struve, Kimbo Slice, Brendan Schaub, and Mirko Cro Cop.
A typical day of training is going to the gym and putting work in to become the best fighter I can be.
When and why did you start training for fighting?
I started fighting 2004, because training fighters wasn't paying the bills.What ranks and titles have you held?
IFL Grand Prix Champion, IFL HWY Champion, Black Belt in jiu-jitsuDo you have any heroes?
The only heroes I have are my friends and family (Wife) that support me and help me become a better person and fighter.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC?
To fight in the UFC
, is a dream that turned into reality.Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?
N/AWhat was your job before you started fighting?
Working with kids in before and after school programs, substitute teacher.
If any, list ranks in any martial arts styles:
Black belt in Roi Kan Do and Brazilian Jiu JitsuFavorite grappling technique
: TakedownFavorite Striking technique
: Face Punch