Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
• Twin brother of former PRIDE / UFC heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo ‘Minotauro’ Nogueira
• Six wins by submission, six by TKO / KO
• Win over Cane was UFC 106’s Knockout of the Night
• Only pro losses have come to Davis, Bader, Vladimir Matyushenko in 2002 (avenged in January of 2009), Mauricio Rua in 2005, and Sokoudjou in 2007.
• Three round war with Rua was one of the greatest PRIDE bouts.
• Holds wins over Tsuyoshi Kosaka, Guy Mezger, Kazuhiro Nakamura (twice), Alistair Overeem (twice), Dan Henderson, and Edwin Dewees.
• 8-2 in PRIDE organization.
TRAINING: I have been training a lot of boxing and wrestling. We have a lot of great guys at our gym helping my brother and I prepare.
When and why did you start training for fighting? At age six, I started in Judo with my brother Rodrigo.
What ranks and titles have you held? Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Champion; 2nd place Jiu Jitsu World Championship; 2nd place South American Boxing; Bronze Medal in Boxing at Pan American Games in 2007
Do you have any heroes? My brother, Rodrigo, is a very inspiring guy
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? I feel that now I am where all the best in the world are, so it’s a great challenge.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I was one year away from a degree in Law.
What was your job before you started fighting? I studied and worked at a law office.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? Competing in boxing at the Pan Am games in Rio de Janeiro.
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? Joining the UFC
Ranks in any martial arts styles: Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Favorite grappling technique: Armlock
Favorite Striking technique: Hooks to the stomach