• Has never gone the distance
• Six wins by submission
, three by knockout
• Only fighter to knock out Miguel Angel Torres
• Defeated Page twice with the same exact method and at the same time - first round (3:30) guillotine choke submission
• Won WEC Submission of the Night awards against Page and Ribeiro and KO of the Night against Torres
• Pro since 2006
• Won submission of the night award for second win over Page
a typical training day would be either conditioning or one of the following – grappling
- in the morning. In the evening, it will be pad work or grappling in the morning and the opposite of that in the evening.Why did you start training for fighting?
I started training MMA three years ago. It seemed like it would be fun, and now I’m making a career out of it.What ranks and titles have you held?
Former WEC bantamweight
championDo you have any heroes
? NoneWhat is your favorite technique? D’arce choke
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC?
It’s something I’ve been waiting for for a long time. All the goals that I set are coming true and this is a goal that I’ve had since I started fighting seriously, and it means everything to me right now.
Did you go to college and if so, what degree was earned?
What was your job before you started fighting?
I was a sales rep for Pepsi cola.