• Has fought in Australia, Japan, Korea, Guam, and the United States.
• Has won eight of his last 11
• Before loss to Siver, last previous defeat came in 2006 to Japanese star Shinya Aoki via second round DQ (groin strike)
• 5-3 in Australia
• Eight wins by submission, one win by TKO
• Formerly trained with Matt Serra and Ray Longo in New York.
• Coach for Team Australia on TUF Smashes
TRAINING: Every day is different, typically consisting of striking and a form of wrestling or grappling.
When and why did you start training for fighting? I've always loved martial arts. When I saw the UFC I knew this what I wanted to do, so I started training soon after.
What ranks and titles have you held? BJJ Black Belt, Australian Warriors Realm Welterweight MMA Title (170 lbs), Pan Pacific BJJ Champion, 2003 and 2007 Australian ADCC Competitor (170 lbs), 2004 Victoria State Amateur Boxing Champion (75 kilograms).
Do you have any heroes? No
What is your favorite technique? Whatever ends the fight
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? To fight in the premier MMA organization in the world.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Bachelor of Business in Banking & Finance, Associate Diploma of Business in International Trade
What was your job before you started fighting? Worked in various roles for the following companies: National Australia Bank, Merrill Lynch, Globe International, Mediterranean Shipping Company, Jiu-Jitsu and MMA Instructor/Coach