• Brother Dan is also in the UFC – joins the Nogueira, Assuncao, Hughes, Serra, Lauzon, Alcantara, Diaz, and Shamrock families as the only brother tandems to fight in the UFC. Jeremy Horn and his half-brother Matt Andersen are also UFC vets.
• Loss to Maynard in 2009 broke an eight fight winning streak.
• 12 wins by submission, three by KO
• Fight against Wiman was awarded Fight of The Night honors. Won Submission of the Night for wins over Guillard, Oliveira and Baron
• Received Jiu-Jitsu black belt in July 2010 from Jamie Cruz.
A typical day for this fight finds me at AMA Fight Club, focusing on my technique and trying to become a more dangerous fighter.
When and why did you start training for fighting?
I got into MMA
in May of 2005, because I wanted to compete again and I was bored with going to work and coming home everyday.Do you have any heroes?
My parents and my siblings, they are all amazing people.What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC?
To me, it means I really need to start working even harder. I'm fighting for the organization that I have always wanted to, and I plan on staying for a long while.Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?
I went to Virginia Tech, but never completed my degree.What was your job before you started fighting
? I did construction with my father and brother.Specific accomplishments in pro competition?
I have held five different titles in organizations on the East Coast.Ranks in any martial arts styles
: Black belt in BJJFavorite grappling technique:
Any chokeFavorite Striking technique:
Straight left cross