• Owns 2004 submission win over former WEC featherweight champ Mike Brown
• Stout bout was the first time he has gone the distance in a pro fight
• Win over Pulver in 2006 was one of the year’s biggest knockouts and biggest upsets
• 18 wins by submission, 4 by KO
• Has trained with BJ Penn in Hawaii in the past
I get up at 530am and lift with Kyle Holland from 7 to 9... drive home and box with Steve Maze from 1 to 2... then Grapple and do MMA rounds from 7 to 9.When and why did you start training for fighting?
I started submission
grappling for fun, and it has all snowballed from there. I began helping training partners train for their fights and wanted to give it a try.Do you have any heroes
? My DadWhat does it mean for you to fight in the UFC?
It will make explaining the type of fighting I do a lot easier. I no longer have to go into a big explanation of "Have you seen the UFC? I do that, but haven't fought there yet." I can just say, "I fight in the UFC".Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?
Wentworth in Boston, MA. Graduated with a Bachelor's in Computer ScienceWhat was your job before you started fighting?
I worked in Tech Support while a student. Accomplishments in pro competition?
A few titles in Combat Zone, World Fighting League and Mass Destruction.Ranks in any martial arts styles:
Purple belt in Jiu-Jitsu.Favorite grappling technique: Heel HookFavorite Striking technique: Left Hook