• Youngest champion in UFC history
• Has only gone the distance three times as a pro (8 KO wins and 6 submission wins)
• Has gone on record saying that he learned many of his unorthodox moves from youtube videos.
• Older brother Arthur plays for the NFL’s Baltimore Ravens and younger brother Chandler plays for the New England Patriots
• Has defended his title five times, tying him with Tito Ortiz for most light heavyweight title defenses
• Foiled attempted robbery on the day of the Rua fight
Practice with Coach Jackson and / or Winkeljohn, 2-3 times a day... a morning and night session plus one private a day, as well as strength and conditioning every night and swimming every Tuesday and Thursday with Sandia High School’s swim team.
When and why did you start training for fighting?
I started training MMA in 2007. I had an unexpected child in college and I needed to make some money.
What ranks and titles have you held?
UFC light heavyweigh
t champion, JUCO National Wrestling Champion, USKBA 205lb MMA ChampionDo you have any heroes? Anderson Silva
, Fedor Emelianenko, Muhammad AliWhat does it mean for you to fight in the UFC?
It is a great opportunity for me at such a young age and being new to the sport of MMA. I am extremely excited to be a part of the UFC. Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?
I attended Iowa Central and earned an associates degree.Specific accomplishments in amateur competition?
JUCO National Wrestling Champion, Greco Roman All-American, NYS ChampionSpecific accomplishments in pro competition?
USKBA 205lb ChampionFavorite grappling technique:
Whatever taps the guy out.Favorite Striking technique:
Whatever KOs him.