• Nine submission wins, three knockout wins
• Both fights with Phan were awarded Fight of the Night honors
• 5-3-1 in the WEC. Fought Mike Brown for the featherweight title in 2009
• Holds wins over Jens Pulver and Chan Sung Jung.
• Earned WEC Fight of the Night awards against Jung and George Roop.
• April 2010 fight with Jung, “The Korean Zombie”, was one of the best in WEC history.
• Engaged in three round war with Roger Huerta in UFC debut in 2007
When and why did you start training for fighting?
I started training BJJ
at 16 years old. I used to get into a lot of trouble as a kid and fighting was a way to take out my aggressions without getting in trouble. What ranks and titles have you held?
World Champion. Ring Of Fire Lightweight ChampionDo you have any heroes?
For fighters it would be Duane Ludwig
and Diego Sanchez
.What is your favorite technique? ArmbarWhat does it mean for you to fight in the UFC?
This is a comeback for me and a dream come true.Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?
I went to college for a couple of semesters and I learned how to drink responsibly. After that I graduated from the school of hard knocks with a degree in attitude.What was your job before you started fighting?
I worked as a meat packer, and I was also an assistant manager for Frito Lay.