• An explosive puncher with one punch knockout power
• Has shown a weakness for submissions, with nine of his losses coming by way of tap out.
• Holds wins over UFC vets Joe Jordan, Kyle Bradley (twice), and Rob Emerson. Engaged in a three round no contest with Roger Huerta in 2005.
• Survived Hurricane Katrina – was trapped on a bridge for three days before being rescued.
• Won KO of the Night award for wins over Siver and Dunham
Video games, training, and more trainingWhen and why did you start training for fighting?
I was senior in high school and my wrestling
coach Warren Donley started training me for MMA
.What ranks and titles have you held?
Wrestling: Louisiana State champion 2002, Wrestled 2 years Louisiana junior national team. Wrestled one year at Colby College. I’ve held two Kickboxing
titles and eight MMA titles including the Battle of New Orleans and Battle in the Bayou titles.Do you have any heroes?
Kevin Randleman, Randy Couture, Matt Hughes
and Vitor Belfort.
They have all inspired me in my career.What is your favorite technique?
My kicks.What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC?
It means the world to me. The UFC
is the Super Bowl of fighting. If you are not in the UFC you might as well not be fighting.Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn
? Graduated from Colby College in Kansas with a degree in Criminal Law
What was your job before you started fighting?
I worked in the family contracting business. Now I’m training full time for fighting.