• 18 wins as a kickboxer (18-6-1 record)
• Win over Hardonk was KO and Fight of the Night; win over Morecraft was Fight of the Night.
• K-1 veteran with a win over former UFC star Gary Goodridge
• Has trained with kickboxing legend Ernesto Hoost
• Lost his grandmother and the family home when Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005
For this fight I’ve gone back to my roots and gotten back to my bread and butter. By that I mean I’ve been grappling a lot. Grappling has been 90% of my training for this fight.
When and why did you start training for fighting?
I started when I was 23. It was just supposed to be a hobby, but the more I did it, the more I loved it.What ranks and titles have you held?
t San Shou titles (2003-2004), 2005 Kings of Kickboxing tournament champion, 2008 Combat USA heavyweight
champion.Do you have any heroes?
MOM is definitely first. Mike Tyson. Sagat. What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC?
It's a major accomplishment reflecting all the hard work and sacrifice that I’ve done. The UFC
is the top of the mountain, and I’ve been given an opportunity to see if I can secure a place at their table. I’m gonna stay!Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?
I went to LSU, and am two classes away from finishing a degree in Sociology, focusing on juveniles.
What was your job before you started fighting?
Pizza delivery guy.Favorite grappling technique
: SweepsFavorite Striking technique:
Anything that lands. I'm a pure striker, and I rarely miss