• 4-3 in WEC, with wins over Mark Hominick, Yoshiro Maeda, Eddie Wineland, and John Hosman
• Earned three Submission of the Night awards in WEC (Maeda, Wineland, Hosman)
• Lost five round decision to Chase Beebe in 2007 challenge for the WEC bantamweight title
• 15 of 18 wins by submission
• Fought Kid Yamamoto, Fredson Paixao, and Gesias Cavalcante in non-WEC bouts
TRAINING: Training two or three times day - techniques, MMA, jiu-jitsu and boxing, Muya Thai and physical conditioning
When and why did you start training for fighting? Because fighting is in my blood. I started when I was 10 years old.
What ranks and titles have you held? Black belt in jiu-jitsu. Three-time world jiu-jitsu champ, 2007 Abu-Dhabi world champion.
Do you have any heroes? Wolverine
What is your favorite technique? Chokes
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It means all the best; I’m very happy to have this chance.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I went to college in Brazil and I graduated with a degree in Nutrition.
What was your job before you started fighting? Teaching Jiu-Jitsu and MMA