• Stablemate of UFC welterweight Johny Hendricks
• Six wins by submission, three by KO
• Won WEC Submission of the Night honors for wins over Varner and Castillo
• Win over Alessio broke three fight losing streak
• Pro since 2007
• Has only gone the distance three times
Hard practice in the morning with S&C or technique in the afternoons.When and why did you start training for fighting?
August 2007. I believe I can become World Champion at 155 lbs.
What ranks and titles have you held?
3X All-American Wrestler
Div. 1 (3, 4, 3), 4X HS State Champion.Do you have any heroes
? My father and grandfather
What is your favorite technique? Ground and PoundWhat does it mean for you to fight in the UFC?
Fighting for the UFC
is a great honor. When I started fighting, my goal was to be the best. In order to be the best, you got to beat the best, and the best are in the UFC
. So, this just puts me one step closer to my goal.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?
Oklahoma State University, Bachelors in Psychology and a Masters in Health and Human Performance
What was your job before you started fighting?
Coach at Oklahoma State University