• 12-6 UFC record
• Has won nine of his last 11 bouts, seven by KO/TKO
• 16 wins by KO, three by submission
• Win over Johnson was his first submission win since submitting Bobby Southworth in PRIDE in 2001
• 5-3 in PRIDE, with wins over Gilbert Yvel and Heath Herring.
• Has faced eight current or former UFC or PRIDE champions (Jones, Anderson Silva, Couture, Liddell, Franklin, Ortiz, Wanderlei Silva, Dan Henderson.)
• Coached the first season of TUF Brazil against Wanderlei Silva
Two training sessions per day, rest, two hours in my chamber machine.
When and why did you start training for fighting?
I just liked the sport. It is challenging and I like to be challenged.
What ranks and titles have you held?
Former UFC light heavyweight champion, UFC heavyweight tournament champion, been ranked top 10 in light heavyweight and middleweight divisions.
Do you have any heroes?
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC?
It’s an honor. This is where I started and Dana and the Fertittas have done nothing but the best with this organization.....I want to finish my career where I started it...What was your job before you started fighting?
Fighting has always been my job Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? Brazilian jiu-jitsu
Specific accomplishments in pro competition?
1-0 in pro boxing Ranks in any martial arts styles:
Black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu