• Headlined the first UFC show in Las Vegas against Tito Ortiz.
• Seven wins by submission, nine by TKO / KO
• Holds non-UFC wins over Vernon White, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Tim Boetsch, Alex Schoenauer, Jamal Patterson, Jason Lambert.
• 6-0 in now-defunct IFL organization
• Won nine of ten fights between UFC stints, with his only loss coming in rematch with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.
• Defeated Royce Alger and Kevin Jackson in wrestling
TRAINING: Today wrestling and grappling at noon. Strength and conditioning at night. Tomorrow Spin (cardio) in the morning and kickboxing at night.
When and why did you start training for fighting? 16 years ago - to make money
What ranks and titles have you held? IFL light heavyweight champion
Do you have any heroes? No
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It’s the same as if I was a football player and got a chance to play in NFL.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Bachelors degree in physical education and health from University of Nevada, Reno
What was your job before you started fighting? Wrestling coach
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? Soviet national wrestling champion, Belarus national champion, European Championship medalist, two-time national junior college wrestling champion at Lassen College